Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so it is time to whip up some of our favorite holiday-themed dog treats! Our Tuesday Treat of the week are Turkey & Cranberry Treats. This is a perfect way for your dog to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Be sure to share the recipe with your friends and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 cup cooked turkey
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup water or broth as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Use a blender or food processor to mix the turkey, olive oil, egg and cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to create a thick dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough.
- Cut into biscuit shapes and bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely before serving or refrigerating. You can store the treats in your refrigerator for 3 days or freezer for up to 6 months.
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and your pup!