Top 5 Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Dog
Pet adoption is a huge commitment, and there is much to consider.
Potential pet owners must weigh the pros and cons before they decide to “invest” in a dog. However, most importantly, they must be able to care for the pet. Often, shelter dogs are overlooked, but the rewards of adopting these dogs are immeasurable! Below are the top five reasons to adopt a shelter dog.
- Unconditional love. Shelter dogs are some of the most loving pets in the world! Unfortunately, most shelter dogs come from abusive families, which makes it a lot easier to give all your love to them.
- You are saving multiple lives. Did you know that when someone adopts a pet from a shelter, it creates more room for additional pets? Some shelters are fully occupied, which is terrible news for the dogs that need to be placed in the shelter to be adopted.
- Improves mood. Research shows that dogs can reduce and eliminate anxiety and depression while making you the happiest you’ve ever been!
- Increases social interactions. Dogs are great conversation starters, especially if they come from a shelter. You can meet other dog parents and share how you adopted your new four-legged friend.
- A dog is getting a second chance. The greatest thing about adopting shelter pets is that you are giving them another chance at life which is hard to come by.
You should adopt a shelter dog for many reasons, but we wanted to share our top five. We hope you enjoyed our list and realize that shelter dogs make a difference! If you cannot adopt, you can volunteer at a local shelter while experiencing many benefits!