Warmer weather is right around the corner which means there is more time for outdoor activities! Having picnics with your dog is becoming more and more popular. We have created a list of tips for having a successful picnic with your four-legged friend.
- Location is key. You must ensure that the location for the picnic is dog friendly. Having the picnic at an off-leash dog park may not be the best idea as other dogs may interfere!
- Bring some toys. Pack along your dog’s favorite toys. Some fun exercise will be great after dinner.
- Look for shade. We recommend that you look for a shady area for the picnic. This will help your pup stay cool on warmer days.
- WATER!!! We can’t stress this enough! Anytime you plan to spend time with your dog outdoors you should take plenty of water along to avoid dehydration.
- The usual food. Although it is okay to feed your dog a few bites of human food, they should focus on eating what they are used to. This will help avoid an upset stomach. Feel free to bring some of their favorite treats as well!
- ID tags. Make sure that your dog’s ID tags are up to date and/or that they are microchipped. A runaway dog is never a good thing, so it is best to be prepared.
- Be comfortable. Bring along your dog’s favorite blanket or dog bed. After all, you want your pup to be comfortable during the outing!