We love our dogs. They are loyal, fun, smart and most importantly, they make us feel good! We know that dogs are simply amazing, but there are so many dog facts which will make your jaw drop! Below is a list of our most favorite.
- Newfoundland dogs can make for an amazing lifeguard. Did you know that the Newfoundland breed has a water-resistant coat and webbed feet? They were originally bred to help fisherman and rescue people from drowning. What a true lifesaver!
- Three dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic. There were three dogs in first class which were saved during the sinking of the ship. A Pomeranian puppy was wrapped up in a blanket and everyone thought that the survivor was carrying a baby. Whatever works, right?!
- The world’s tallest dog is 44 inches tall. The tallest dog in the world ever was a Great Dane named Zeus who is the current Guinness World Record holder.
- 30% of Dalmatians are deaf in one ear. Due to an extreme piebald gene, Dalmatians are 30% deaf in one ear and 5% deaf in the other. Another interesting fact is that Dalmatians with larger dark patches are less likely to be death.
- Dogs have three eyelids. Did you know that your four-legged friend has three eyelids? This is also called the “haw”
membrane which helps keep the eye protected and lubricated.
See…. we told you that dogs were interesting. That’s a fact!