We know how difficult it is to manage a misbehaving dog. You may have a very sweet dog, or a dog that likes to test the limits! Either way, there are many benefits to obedience training.
- It creates a better connection with you and your dog. There are many studies which show that owners with trained and obedient dogs have a much stronger relationship with each other.
- Fun, friendly and social dogs. Being social is extremely important in a dog’s life. Dog language (learning how to respond to other dogs) is essential. You never know what kind of dog your dog will come in contact with, so it’s better to be prepared!
- Safety. A dog who has passed obedience courses will be safer to have around family and friends. On the flip side, obedience can yield a positive impact on their own lives. For example, responding to “come back” to avoid getting hit by a car.
- Knowledge while having fun. Obedience classes (especially the group classes) are very fun and exciting! The owners and their dogs are able to stimulate and engage with other dogs and their parents which creates a better atmosphere for all. No matter how far along your dog is in obedience training, you can always “teach an old dog new tricks”!
- Easy Management. Even the most basic commands means easier management of your dog. Dogs are so unpredictable, but with the proper training they can be easily be controlled.