https://hotdogonaleash.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/iStock_50355188_MEDIUM.jpg 865 1655 bruce https://www.hotdogonaleash.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/hdoal-300x247.png bruce2016-10-06 05:51:002019-05-02 04:54:185 Essential Commands to Teach Your Dog
5 Essential Commands to Teach Your Dog
- SIT. This is one of the easiest commands to teach. Hold a treat above your dog’s head and tell them to sit, give them treat once they sit.
- COME. This command can help keep a dog out of trouble, bringing him back to you if you drop the Leash or accidentally leave the front door open.
- DOWN. This can be one of the most complex commands in dog training. Why? Because the position is a submissive posture.
- STAY. Before attempting this one, make sure your dog is an expert at the SIT command.
- LEAVE IT. This can keep your dog safe when his curiosity gets the better of him, like if he smells something interesting but possibly dangerous on the ground. The goal is to train your dog that he gets something better for ignoring the unusual or nasty smell or item.