Welcome to Tuesday Treat Day. Today we are excited to feature a pawesome treat that your dog will absolutely love: Carrot and Applesauce Chewies. Be sure to share this recipe and let us know what you think of it!
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ cup applesauce
– ½ cup finely shredded carrot
– 1 cup oatmeal
– 1 egg
– ¼ cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can also use non-stick spray!
- Whisk together baking powder and flour in a bowl.
- Mix applesauce, carrot and oatmeal with half of the flour mixture.
- Continue to mix, gradually adding the remaining flour mixture.
- Drizzle in the egg and milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop small portions onto baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside but soft on the inside.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!