Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Let’s not forget about our four-legged friends who show us love 365 days out of the year. Dogs express their emotions in a variety of ways – ranging from super subtle to totally obvious. Regardless, our dogs love us unconditionally and this is what makes them so special. We have conducted a list of ways that our pups show us love.
- Eye Contact. Long, sustained eye contact is reserved for people you love, trust, and feel safe with. Be sure to maintain natural eye contact with your dog. It will strengthen your bond tremendously!
- Cuddling. Whether you are laying in bed, on the couch, or even the floor, if your dog leans against you, it means that it feels safe, secure, and totally comfortable.
- Carrying around clothes, shoes, and socks. Dogs who are attached to their owners also love their owners’ scents. They may raid your shoe pile or laundry basket for items that smell like you!
- It brings you its favorite toy. If your dog brings you its favorite toy, it doesn’t just mean it wants to play—although wanting to play is a major sign of puppy love, too. As your pup’s pack leader, it’s presenting its most prized, most beloved possession to you. Talk about an honor, huh?
- Smiles! It’s not your imagination! Some dogs know how to smile by pulling their lips back to reveal a big, wide, toothy grin. This is true love at its finest!