Dog Dangers of Balloons 

Dog Dangers of Balloons 

Balloons are a staple around the globe. They are used to decorate and celebrate special occasions. Dogs love balloons because they are shiny, bright, and resemble toy balls. Unfortunately, many people fail to realize the dangers that balloons exhibit to dogs. Please continue reading as we dive deeper into these issues.

Below is a list of some of the most common dangers of balloons regarding dogs.

Intestinal Blockage – Dogs will likely swallow a broken balloon if they see it. This is dangerous as the balloon goes down the intestinal tract, sometimes blocking food from passing.

Blindness or Eye Damage – Imagine if your dog got a hold of a balloon that was aired up. The balloon can burst in your dog’s face. This can cause blindness in extreme cases.

Choking Hazard – The balloon or a piece of the balloon can get caught in your dog’s throat, making it a choking hazard. The balloon blocks the trachea, causing your dog to have problems breathing.

As you can see, there are many reasons why you should be cautious regarding dogs and balloons. The good news is that there are other ways that you can decorate. Try incorporating streamers, bubbles, and paper flowers. These can also pose risks, but they are not as bad as what balloons can do to dogs. As always, keep all decorations out of reach!