Does your dog love water?
- Salt water can dehydrate your dog, so make sure you have plenty of fresh water on hand.
- Always have a flotation device on your dog, even if you think he or she may be a good swimmer.
- Only use a Soft top or foam board, or a special board for dog surfing. Dogs get a much better grip on these types of boards.
- Get your dog used to the surfboard. Start at home or on the sand and give him treats only when he gets on the surfboard.
- Start off in the whitewash, let your dog get used to his balance before moving onto bigger waves.
- And practice, practice, practice.