Welcome to Tuesday Treat Day. Today we are excited to feature a pawesome treat that your dog will absolutely love: Nutty Bacon Treats. Be sure to share this recipe and let us know what you think of it!
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the fat (keep the fat).
- Add egg, peanut butter, maple syrup and water to the bacon fat and mix thoroughly.
- Add in whole wheat flour and wheat germ. Stir in the crispy bacon pieces.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4” thick. Use cookie cutters to create fun and interesting dog bones or shapes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow the treats to cool. Enjoy!